Professional Certificate,Diploma/Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma,Bachelor's Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree
* Demonstrate knowledge of structural systems, spatial requirements, basic MEP issues, natural light, poetry of elements and detailing and relative construction costs
* Demonstrate the capability of being a "blank sheet" designer
* Generate new design ideas on the spot and present them to the client
* Lead brainstorming sessions and internal competitions
* Lead charrettes and generate multiple comprehensive design ideas for clients and design team
* Lead design concepts for various project types
* Build a relationship with a client and lead the client through difficult decisions
* Effectively supervise and mentor staff
* Manage the design process and design team
* Perform annual employee reviews
Requires one (1) year of related experience as an Architectural Designer, Intern Architect or a related architecture occupation.
Experience is required and must include: Utilizing Revit, SketchUp & Photoshop based digital modeling to communicate design ideas graphically; Design & construction of various retail & commercial facilities; Preparing Revit & CAD based construction drawings for different building engineering systems, regulatory approvals & building permits; Performing building and life safety code analysis for plumbing, drainage & egress requirements; Developing site analysis, schematic & design development diagrams using 2D & 3D software documenting existing site conditions & features and to establish design intent in response to client needs and vision; and Coordinating design work of structural & MEP consultants for various building projects.
Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Architectural Technology or a related field. Foreign equivalents are accepted.