The Project Manager is responsible for establishing the schedule and budget of commercial and utility-scale solar construction projects, and ensures that milestones and deliverables are met through the life of the project. The Manager could handle multiple projects simultaneously at various stages of development and construction - projects could be located locally and regionally.
1. Coordination of installation schedules; management of staffing to ensure on time completion.
2. Coordination of permitting for projects.
3. Coordinate with development and engineering to develop preliminary design budget.
4. Prepare bid packages and procure materials and services as needed.
5. Create project budget based upon quotes and bids; track project costs.
6. Perform regular check-ins with job superintendents to gauge project progress.
7. Serve as point-of-contact for customers/clients during each project.
8. Provide progress reports and other status updates to client and management as required.
9. Maintaining records and databases
10. Troubleshooting issues relating to installations Knowledge and skill requirements
11. 2+ years solar project management experience including projects of at least 100 kW+
12. 5+ years previous experience in project management and/or construction operations
13. Experience and understanding of Distributed Generation Solar projects
14. PV Installation professional certification preferred
15. Solid understanding of Project Management process
16. Ability to problem solve both personnel issues and project issues
17. Good record keeping and organizational skills
18. Ability to travel regionally, depending on project location
19. Valid Driverí»s License Application requirements
20.Management of EPC tendering projects, negotiations with EPC contractors, IPP bidding projects, PPA negotiations and renewable energy project development in general.
21.Preparation of energy yield analysis and management of various other technical consulting assignments for solar PV projects